Eat the Sky, Drink the Ocean
Author(s): Kirsty Murray; Anita Roy; Payal Dhar
Be transported into dystopian cities and other-worldly societies.
Be amazed and beguiled by a nursery story with a reverse twist, a futuristic take on TV cooking shows, a playscript with tentacles - and more, much more.
Plunge in and enjoy!
A collection of sci-fi and fantasy writing, including six graphic stories, showcasing twenty stellar writers and artists from India and Australia: Isobelle Carmody, Penni Russon, Justine Larbalestier, Margo Lanagan, Lily Mae Martin, Kuzhali Manickavel, Prabha Mallya, Annie Zaidi, Kate Constable, Vandana Singh, Mandy Ord, Priya Kuriyan, Manjula Padmanabhan, Samhita Arni, Alyssa Brugman, Nicki Greenberg and Amruta Patil.
Kirsty Murray has written eleven novels for children and young adults - most recently The Four Seasons of Lucy McKenzie and The Year It All Ended - plus many short stories, articles, and several non-fiction books. Her novels have won numerous awards, including an Aurealis award and the NSW Premier's History Award. Kirsty has been a writer- in-residence at two Indian universities and a participant in the Bookwallah Roving Writers Festival, presenting at literary events across India. www.kirstymurray.com..
Anita Roy lives in Delhi and cycles to work at Zubaan, a small independent feminist publishing house. Her stories and non-fiction essays have appeared in a number of anthologies, and she has completed a first novel for children. www.anitaroy.net..
Payal Dhar has written seven books for children and young adults, and numerous short stories. She's also a freelance editor and writer, and writes on computers, technology, books, reading, games and anything else that catches her interest. www.writeside.net..
- Swallow the Moon by Kate Constable and Priya Kuriyan
- Little Red Suit by Justine Larbalestier
- Cooking Time by Anita Roy
- Anarkali by Annie Zaidi and Mandy Ord
- Cast Out by Samhita Arni
- Weft by Alyssa Brugman
- The Wednesday Room by Kuzhali Manickavel and Lily Mae Martin
- Cat Calls by Margo Lanagan
- Cool by Manjula Padmanabhan
- Appetite by Amruta Patil
- Mirror Perfect by Kirsty Murray
- Arctic Light by Vandana Singh
- The Runners by Isobelle Carmody and Prabha Mallya
- The Blooming by Manjula Padmanabhan and Kirsty Murray
- What a Stone Can't Feel by Penni Russon
- Memory Lace by Payal Dhar
- Backstage Pass by Nicki Greenberg..
- : 9781743319789
- : Allen & Unwin
- : Allen & Unwin Children's Books
- : December 2014
- : 208mm X 138mm
- : books
- : Kirsty Murray; Anita Roy; Payal Dhar
- : Paperback
- : 215
- : en
- : 823.9208
- : 240
- : YFB