Making Mosaics - 15 Stylish Projects from Start to Finish
Author(s): Martin Cheek
A complete mosaic course in one book Making Mosaics offers both the "basics" of the craft, as well as 15 attractive projects to create. The "Getting Started" section clearly outlines the materials and tools used in the projects, including vitreous glass and unglazed ceramic tiles, as well as how-to techniques for nipping tiles, prepping surfaces, laying tile and grouting. The 15 projects were designed to offer variety in style, materials, and skill level.
Projects include: plaques, planters, tea trays, trivets, trinket boxes and more. Simple step-by-step instructions and large how-to photos ensure a crafter's success. Within each project, important details are shown with close-up photos for added clarity. Artist's tips provide professional guidance and alternative design ideas for most projects.
- Mosaic is an art form that can be enjoyed by the beginner as well as the serious professional.
- Projects appeal to all levels of ability, including easy starter pieces for those just learning the craft.
- Contains large step-by-step photos with added close-up shots of detailed techniques.
- Contains inspirational photos with alternative designs. Includes pattern templates for most projects.
- Includes a source list for products & supplies.
- : 9781589230842
- : Quarto Publishing Group USA
- : Creative Publishing International
- : 0.430913
- : November 2002
- : .25 Inches X 8.5 Inches X 11 Inches
- : books
- : Martin Cheek
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 96